Saturday 3 March 2007

Work and play

Today was good. I managed to do my work and had my fun. A nice balance of both I'd have to say. Went to have a good look at my target for the first time today. Followed my target in the morning. I had asked the Ear to do a bit of asking around me yesterday so I already knew where my target lived and roughly what he did everyday. Cocky bugger. Doesn't even bother to go and hide after what he did. The idiot walks around without a care in the world and just spends all that cash he stole. Followed him till lunch. The Ear did a pretty good job. My target pretty much did everything the Ear said he would.

Went to judo after that. Fun stuff. Judo is fun and one of the few things I like about my cover life. I'm getting quite attached to the people in judo. I know I shouldn't and it's just a cover but I can't help it. The people there are fun and I've known them for a damn long time. They're all good people. If I have to change cover, I think I'm going to miss them. Anyway, training was slack. Did a little bit here and there. After training, did a little of extra PT. No kick but had to act tired, to fool all of them. Think I'll do a little more exercise later before I sleep.

Ate dinner with the judokas after that. Well, sort of. More like I watched them eat dinner. Can't compromise on food or all my physical training would go to waste. Always have to keep fit in my line of work. Especially so now, since I've gotten my first contract. Talked a bit and did all the social stuff expected of me. Then, made some excuse of having to go. Had to continue my recon of the target. But, as luck would have it, Naomi wanted to go off too. Wasted my bloody time. I had to walk with her to the bus stop and take a bus. They all think I stay in the newton area so I had to take a bus going to newton. If she hadn't left with me, I could have gotten a cab and gone straight back to recon on the target. Wasted about ten minutes there.

Still, I managed to track some of the target's movements in the night. He's quite stagnant at night. Likes to stay in his HDB flat and watch TV. Gotta follow him again tomorrow to make sure his pattern is regular. Won't be fun tailing the whole day but the job calls for it. As much as I trust the Ear's intel, shit still happens.

Tomorrow, I will be "booking in". Gives me another free week to do my work. Just hope I don't run into anybody I know when doing recon. Still haven't thought up of a cover story if that happens. Better start brainstorming for ideas. Think I'll just spend a few more days of recon and collecting intel. No point overdoing it. I just want to get the kill over and done with and move onto something bigger. Got to show Number 1 I'm capable.

Here is a personal reminder to myself to go visit the Arm tomorrow. She says she has a new blade to show me. She just collected it two days ago and might be just perfect for this job. Well, I'll decide when I see it.

No comments: