Saturday 10 March 2007

Bad bad week

Here is my weekly update. As the title says, it has been a pretty shitty week. Mainly because of three things. The first of which concerns my target. Everything was going fine till three days ago. My target was still being blissfully ignorant about the bounty on his head until a few amateurs went after him. They probably were hired by another person he pissed off. And when I say amateurs, I really mean amateurs. They were wielding knives and chasing after him for christ's sake! A total disgrace to my profession. I seriously don't know what the hell they were thinking. Chasing my target with knives down the street in broad daylight! Good news was my target managed to escape. Bad news is, he finally got paranoid and has holed himself up in his apartment. I can still do the hit. Just that it'll be harder. Damned amateurs.

Another thing that spoilt my week was the inclusion of two Fathers. I know it is standard protocol to attach a Father to every new assassin but I got two! I'm sure my trainee phase was pretty okay. I don't think I've done anything to warrant two Fathers watching over me. Most people only get one Father to observe their first hit. Does Number 1 think I'm too lousy? I'll show him. And those Fathers are really intimidating. They don't say anything at all unless absolutely necessary. Not even a simple "Good morning". And they stare. They stare at everything I do and take down notes. Super stressing. And my deadline is today. I'm just doing this post right before I begin my operation. That's what I'm calling it. It's an operation.

So much time has been spent planning. Too much time maybe. I was so damned busy, I couldn't even catch "300". I really, really, really want to watch that show. The trailer is just so kickass. And I love the whole ancient greek thing. I need to see 300 spartans kicking persian ass. Been waiting a few months for the movie and now that it's out, I'm too busy to watch it. Once I finish the operation, I'm going to watch "300" immediately. That will be my motivation for carrying out the operation successfully.

And there was this incident yesterday that I just have to post. I had just finished my surveillance for the day and it was just past two in the morning. I was taking a little walk just for the fun of it down Orchard Road, with the Fathers tailing a few meters behind of course. Then, the most unbelievable thing happened. Some guy ran up to me and kicked me in the balls. Some random guy that I don't even know. My balls hurt like hell. And the ridiculous thing is, that guy was holding a handheld camera and filimg the whole incident. He told me he was doing a documentary of some sort and asked how I felt. I seriously almost killed the asshole. If it wasn't a public place, that son of a bitch would be sleeping with the fishes. I tried to grab the guy but he ran off and I couldn't chase him because my balls were on fire. And the Fathers didn't do anything either. They just looked at me. Never even asked if I needed help or anything. Just my luck.

Not much time left. Got to get into position before my target wakes up. The Arm provided a very good blade for the job. She always knows the perfect weapon to use. Watch out for my next post. It'll be about how the whole operation went.

No comments: